The University of Lower Silesia also supports its students and staff in studying and working abroad.
Within the framework of the student and staff exchange projects of the European Union's Erasmus+ programme, we cooperate with more than 100 renowned academic centres as well as with many business institutions in 24 countries of the European Union as well as in Norway, Turkey, Iceland, Northern Macedonia and Serbia.
Under the programme, DSW students successfully complete study abroad programmes at European universities and also have the opportunity to acquire professional skills in an international environment through internships in European companies.
Our partner universities include:
- Freie Universität Berlin
- University of Tartu, University of Bergen
- Universidad de Sevilla
- University of Zagreb
- Masaryk University
- Roskilde University
- University of Utrecht
- Universita Degli Studi di Genova
- Technische universität Dresden
- University of Antwerp.
Every year we invite students of all levels and fields of study, as well as graduates of our university, to participate in the application process for studies and internships abroad. This is because the Erasmus+ programme also makes it possible for graduates to undertake professional internships. So far, almost 300 ULS students and graduates have participated in the programme and it has been the adventure of a lifetime for them.
International opportunities at the ULS
Study and internships abroad - you have the opportunity to participate in programmes abroad such as Erasmus+ or study in the USA.
Study in English - The ULS offers a variety of academic programmes at three levels of higher education - Bachelor, Master and PhD. All programmes are taught in English and last between one month and three years. DSW students can participate in programmes organised jointly with American universities.
Joint study programmes with American universities - Experiencing the New Europe/Urban Revitalization: The Transformation of Central Europe Today, Democracy & Diversity and English Language Practicum.
The office staff will provide you with detailed information about the possibility of receiving scholarships for studies and internships abroad under the Erasmus+ programme, as well as other forms of support for international cooperation.
What else does the Office for International Academic Exchange do?
- We organise student and staff exchanges as part of the DAAD project of the German Academic Exchange Service.
- We prepare individual internships and stays abroad for students in the USA.
We organise European student mobility within the projects of the operational programme Knowledge Education Development.
- We enable students to participate in international summer schools and language courses. We provide the entire DSW academic community - students and staff - with access to various forms of learning and development in the international education space, through access to summer schools, language courses, academic conferences, industry training, academic exchanges and many other opportunities.
- We coordinate international student projects.
- We provide the university with a place in European networks and ensure the internationalisation of studies.