What are you going to learn?
- You will be able to plan animation activities in all types of cultural institution and animation stages,
- You will be able to create the future visions of museums,
- You will be able to manage the capitals of communities,
- You will analyze, comment on, review, and discuss various objects and events of culture,
- You will be able to apply creativity in the social, educational and cultural animation,
- You will be able to grasp different contexts which shape local communities.
The competencies acquired by graduates enable creative usage of contemporary media (Internet) for dissemination, promotion and animation of actions in the area of widely understood culture as well as initiation of independent actions in the economic reality.
- cultural and non-school based education institutions such as: museums, community centers, centers for cultural activities,
- common universities,
- universities of the third age,
- culture disseminating organizations,
- associations and nongovernmental organizations.
What else should you know?
The program in Culture and Education is designed for students interested in exploring cultural aspects of educational and learning processes and their functioning in social, institutional and organizational contexts.
The interdisciplinary program draws on the fields of cultural anthropology, education and cultural studies, and helps students learn skills and competencies which help them in the completion of research assignments and independent cultural and social projects.
The knowledge, skills and competencies gained from studying in the program will be valuable to people who work or plan to work in educational, cultural or non-profit institutions and organizations.
- Cultural and Social Foundations of Education
- Ethnography and Education
- Culture and Education in Urban Context
- Culture and Globalization
- Contemporary Culture in Theory and Practice
- Thematic Seminar